The Mobile Learning Center offers on-site training in topics of interest to seniors. The classes provide the students with dedicated computers and course handouts, and are taught by SeniorNet-trained instructors and coaches, all at the convenience of a hosting location. The classes are single self-contained sessions, each roughly 2 1/2 hours long. The host provides the room, table, chairs, students, and broadband connection to the internet; SeniorNet does the rest.
The following 10 classes are designed tom meet the interests of seniors. They serve as an introduction to the applications that are discussed, designed to enlighten seniors to the potential of enriching their lives through the computer. The class includes hands-on exercises for the students, but the true learning occurs after the class on their own computers, using their notes and handouts. Our classrooms in Huntington and East Yaphank offer more comprehensive classes if the student wishes to pursue a topic in greater depth.
- The Internet for research, shopping and travel
- Web sites of interest to seniors: travel, genealogy, tech update/product reviews, free downloads
- Music: downloads, LP-to-CD conversion, music players
- Social networking: Facebook, LinkedIn, blogging
- Security: virus protection, back-up, phishing, spa, cons
- File management
- Movie Making: slide shows, videos
- Digital photography: upload photos from camera to computer, enhance photos, prepare albums, digitize prints and slides, online photo sharing sites
For more information call (631) 427-3700 x 268 or x 235