Streaming Video – 2 sessions of 2.5 hours each – Cost: $25
Wednesdays from 9:30 – 12:00 on Nov 29, Dec 6
This course is appropriate for Mac and PC users.
There is a whole world of entertainment and educational media available to you beyond what is offered to you by your regular TV service provider. In this 2-session course you will learn about the different ways to stream video and access these sources either on your TV, tablet, computer or phone. You will also learn what hardware (Roku, Chromecast, etc.) and/or software you’ll need, and how to set them up.
Did you know that NASA has their own station that you can stream? In this course we will discuss how to search out these different stations and connect to them.
- We’ll discuss what streaming video means.
- The different devices you can stream video to.
- The benefits &/or disadvantages of using Wi-Fi, your service provider or cable, depending on which device you stream the video to.
- Some of the appliances available, which you’ll needed to connect to the internet (advantages, disadvantages, differences).
- How to set up a smart TV or Android TV.
- If you don’t have a smart TV or Android TV, how to set up an appliance (Chromecast or Roku) to connect your TV to the internet.
- Then we’ll discuss some of the streaming video or educational sites available to you and how to search for them and connect to them.
The SeniorNet Advantage
● Hands-on instruction ● Individual attention ● One student per computer
● Manuals included ● Friendly atmosphere ● Seniors teaching seniors