Basic Chromebook – 4 sessions of 2.5 hours – Cost: $45
Tuesdays from 9:30 – Noon on April 17, 24, May 1, 8
Simple, fast, reliable, user-friendly, safe, cheap and never slows down – these are all the terms used to describe the Chromebook. Do you have an older laptop that suffers from poor performance? If what you want is to accomplish is accessing the internet, email, word processing, spreadsheet and social networking sites such as Facebook, there is an alternative to buying a new computer. You can convert an old or poor performing laptop to a Chromebook, returning it to the response times of when it was new and do this FOR FREE. Bring your laptop to class and we will show you how to convert it to a Chromebook.
- Would you like your boot up time to be measured in seconds rather than minutes?
- Have instantaneous shutdown?
- Connect to the internet in less than 15 seconds?
- Never have to worry about viruses again?
- Never update your software again?
- Never have to worry about backing up files?
Sounds too good to be true? Wait, there’s more. You may have a Chromebook already. That old laptop that no longer can support today’s Windows and Windows Applications. It runs too slow to be useful. It’s gathering dust in your cellar or possibly on the verge of being sent to “laptop graveyard”. It could be used as a Chromebook!
Let us show you how to convert your old laptop* to a Chromebook and teach you on its use.
Lesson 1:*Laptop Compatibility test (required for all candidate students)
What is ChromeOS and how is it different than Windows?
Convert your Windows laptop to ChromeOS.
Internet, File Management, Apps Management, Email
Photos/Movies, Document Prep, Print, Security/Back up
The SeniorNet Advantage
● Hands-on instruction ● Individual attention ● One student per computer
● Manual included ● Friendly atmosphere ● Seniors teaching seniors