VOLUNTEER WITH SENIOR NET LI
SeniorNet is a national, volunteer, not-for-profit organization. Our mission is to provide computer and technology classes for adults aged 50+. We offer a wide range of computer-based and mobile device courses, from beginner to expert to everything in between. We have several meaningful volunteer opportunities and not all require technology skills.
vol·un·teer välənˈtir/ noun: a person who offers pro bono to
take part in an enterprise or undertake a task.
- Teachers (Develop & Teach courses for Learning Center and seminars for libraries)
- Coaches (Teaching Assistants who provide hands-on learning to our students)
- Office Staff (Customer Service to our students, teachers and coaches)
- Road Runners (Outreach to events throughout Long Island)
- Hospitality (Special Events, e.g. Open House, Luncheons, Picnics)
- Marketing (Develop campaign strategies)
- IT (Maintain computer equipment in Learning Center and laptops for the Mobile Learning Centers, as well as refurbish donated equipment.)
OUR LEARNING CENTERS are located at Family Service League, 790 Park Avenue, Huntington; and at Bellport Boys & Girls Club, 471 Atlantic Avenue, Bellport
MOBILE LEARNING CENTERS are located in Huntington, Northport, Greenlawn & Melville.
|Course Offerings include:|
|Introduction to Computers
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel,
Access, Power Point & Publisher
iPhone, Android Phones
iPad, Nexus Tablets
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter
Stock Market Investing Online
|Library Seminars include:|
|iPhone Camera, iPad, iPhone
Great Smartphone Apps
Computer Security & Internet Security
The Cloud Demystified
New Computer – Which is best for You?
New Phone – Which is best for You?
Google: More than just a Search Engine
Social Media: Facebook, Pinterest & Twitter
Find Activities for Senior Seniors
For more information, contact SeniorNet L.I. @ FSL
Phone: 1 (631) 470-6757
Office Hours are M-F 9:30am – 12:30pm